I’ve worked in TV production for nearly 15 years, predominantly as a documentary maker, but also working in the world of branded content and directing TV commercials.
A project I recently Directed ‘Me and My Mental Health’ won ‘Best Documentary’ at the Mind Media Awards and a film I made called ‘My Name Is.. and I’m an alcoholic‘ was listed in the top 10 TV shows of 2016 by the British Film Institute. I have also Directed many well loved programmes such as ‘The Apprentice, the Bafta Nominated – Pineapple Dance Studios and directed less ‘well loved’ people like Katie Hopkins ‘My Fat Story‘ which was Broadcast nominated for ‘Best Popular Factual Programme’
I am experienced in high pressured environments having filmed with dangerous gangs in the slums of Nariobi as well as with members or ISIS & Al Qaeda in Northern Africa. I would say my greatest skill is dealing with sensitive subject matters, having told many stories needing delicate handling including filming the teenage girls caught in the Manchester Arena bombings, young adults undergoing gender transitions, and people living with HIV.
My back ground in TV and broad skill range means I am often pretty useful to PR, Advertising & digital agencies who want to produce low cost online content with great story telling that can pack a serious punch. I’ve worked with brands including McDonalds, Nestle, Topshop, Sony, Subaru and Loreal.
– The Mind Awards Best Documentary: ‘Me and My Mental Health’
– Bafta nominated Best Features: ‘Pineapple Dance Studios’
– Bafta nominated Best Features: ‘Celebrity MasterChef’
– Royal television Society Award Best Features and Lifestyle Series: ‘Pineapple Dance Studios’
– Broadcast Award Nominated. Best Popular Factual Programme: ‘Katie Hopkins My Fat Story‘
– Astra Award Most Outstanding Lifestyle Program: ‘Planet Cake’
– Cannes Glass Lion Contender ‘There is something I need to tell you’
– BADC Bronze award ‘There is something I need to tell you’
– BADC Silver award ‘There is something I need to tell you’
– Cinematography Production Craft Silver Award ‘There is something I need to tell you’
– Revolution Award Best Digital Content In Retail: ‘New Look TV’