A little Bit about me..
Hi, I’m Mikey, a self-shooting director based between London and Amsterdam, and where ever my work takes me.
I started out filming in the uk, making prime time entertainment TV shows like The Apprentice, MasterChef and Wife Swap, before I moved into directing documentaries, specialising in sensitive subject matter like living with HIV, gender transformation, and addiction. The mental health film I directed in 2017 won ‘Best Documentary’ at the Mind media Awards, I also earned a BAFTA nomination and an RTS Award for my work on Pineapple Dance Studios.
Over the years I’ve filmed with everyone from ISIS to The Real Housewives, approaching every project with the same passion, curiosity, and respect. I’ve also put my documentary skills to work for brands like Sony, McDonalds, Subaru, and Harry Potter, helping to bring their stories to life.
Relentlessly optimistic, I pride myself on my ability to make people feel completely at ease in front of the camera, and I’m just as comfortable directing large scale TVCs as shooting fly-on-the-wall documentaries.
I love that my job has the ability to change hearts, change minds, and start a conversation.
So, let’s talk?
- The Mind Media Award. Best Documentary: ‘Me and My Mental Health’
- International Format Award for Best Factual Entertainment Format: ‘Genderquake’
- Mipcom Diversity Award for Representation of LGBTQ: ‘Genderquake’
- Bafta. Nominated. Best Features Programme: ‘Pineapple Dance Studios’
- Royal Television Award. Best Features: ‘ Pineapple Dance Studios’
- Bafta. Nominated. Bests Features Programme: ‘MasterChef’
- Broadcast Digital Award. Best Popular Factual Programme: ‘Katie Hopkins My Fat Story‘
- Astra Award. Most Outstanding Lifestyle Program: ‘Planet Cake’
- BADC Cinematography Silver award: ‘There is something I need to tell you’
- BADC Sounds Bronze award: ‘There is something I need to tell you’
- Revolution Award. Best Digital Content In Retail: ‘New Look TV’